How we collect, use, share and protect your information
A user of the Service is hereinafter referred to as a “User,” or collectively, the “Users”.
What information does DigiHaul receive and collect?
A. Personal Information
DigiHaul collects personal information if you voluntarily choose to share such information. You may browse the Site without disclosing any personal information. However, to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Services, we may require that you furnish personal information. When you register your account, complete forms and transmit communications through the Services, we collect information including your name, company name, phone number (which we may use to call or text you in order to provide the Services) and email address. In the case of carriers, further information is required to be added to the portal, including, but not limited to:
- Company details (e.g. registration number, address details, contact details);
- Dispatcher details (e.g. name, email, phone number);
- Driver details (e.g. name, email, phone number, driving licence number, ID number);
- Vehicle details (e.g. brand, licence plate, vehicle specifications).
- Location information (EG: when you are actively progressing a shipment)
B. Usage Information
DigiHaul may use technologies that collect and store certain data about the use of the Services on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. This information may be nonidentifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate usage information with your personal information, we will treat it as personal information.
In addition, tracking information is collected from your mobile device as you navigate through our Services, such as geographic areas.
Vehicles with shipments being transported through the Services are tracked via GPS coordinates of the driver’s mobile phone sent to our servers. We collect this location information for various purposes, including to provide you with support, to notify you as soon as shipments are available nearby, to keep shippers and consignees informed of arrival times, to help dispatchers or shippers know where drivers are headed, to enhance our Services, and for our internal business purposes.
C. IP Address
DigiHaul and/or third parties whom DigiHaul has contracted to provide services may collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. We use IP Addresses to monitor locations from which Users navigate the Site and for fraud prevention.
D. Cookies and Other Technologies
Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to access the Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash cookies may be used for many purposes, including, but not limited to, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs” or similar means in connection with the Services and HTML-formatted email. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, or count how many emails were actually opened.
E. Financial Information
We may require you to provide us with financial information, including billing name, address and credit card number (“Financial Information”).
Only authorized DigiHaul staff have access to your Personal Information in its entirety. Other staff may have access to portions of this information if it pertains to their job duties. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in accordance with the Services.
If you provide DigiHaul with any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, system errors, and other information or ideas regarding the Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to DigiHaul all rights in the Feedback and agree that DigiHaul shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, this assignment of rights applies to any testimonials you provide, and you hereby also grant DigiHaul the right to use your name in connection with sharing such testimonials with the public. DigiHaul will treat any Feedback you provide to DigiHaul as nonconfidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to DigiHaul any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. If you agree to participate in any case studies, you agree that information you provide in connection with the case study is deemed Feedback and that DigiHaul may use your name in connection with such Feedback.
What Personal Information can I access and edit?
Through your account settings you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information you have provide to us (e.g. name, password, phone number, email address, user profile information, etc.).
How does DigiHaul use your information?
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services.
DigiHaul uses Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- For distribution to carriers providing services through the DigiHaul portal or to shippers receiving services through the DigiHaul portal;
- To provide, operate, maintain, and enhance our products and the Services;
- To provide you with information, administrative notices and communications relevant to your use our products and services;
- To process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- To contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, defamation issues or privacy violations related to user content, or to send communications, updates, and promotions related to products and services;
- In the case of cookies and automatically-collected information, to personalize or customize our services (for example, with auto-population of sign-in fields), provide customized content and information, track your participation in any activities on the Services, and in the case of carriers and shippers, to track the location of shipments transported through the Services;
- For billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention;
- For internal business purposes;
- To analyse Site usage, improve our products and the Services, and develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- To conduct market research about the Services, and/or usage or Users of the services, including in order to market the Services;
- For troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer the site(s);
- And as otherwise set forth in the Policy.
When does DigiHaul disclose your information to third parties?
We do not sell, share, rent or trade the information we have collected about you, including Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except as disclosed in this Policy. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information you include in a publicly accessible area of the Services, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- Third-party carriers provide services through the DigiHaul portal, and third-party shippers receive services through the DigiHaul portal. We may provide these carriers and shippers with access to user information, including Personal Information, only as necessary to carry out or receive the Services being provided (e.g. address details, contact details, driver details, vehicle details, location details and image content). These parties are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this Policy.
- Third-party service providers’ work on website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to and/or process your information, including Personal Information, in connection with providing these services. Such third-party providers agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- DigiHaul uses a payment processing company to receive and process your financial transactions for us. Unless we tell you differently, our payment processing company does not have the right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics and log data, with third parties for business purposes.
- We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal Information) if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies, or to protect the safety, rights and property of the Company, our Services or any third party. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
Although we ensure that our third party agents receiving your information are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this Policy, DigiHaul is not responsible for any issues that may arise regarding the Privacy Policies of any such third parties. By using this website, you do hereby agree to hold DigiHaul harmless from any claims and/or damages that may arise from the actions of any third parties.
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services.
You may opt-out of receiving email campaigns from us by unsubscribing from such emails. You may also remove your information from our database by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive unsolicited email from a DigiHaul domain, please contact us via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or ask to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com.
You may update or delete your profile information and preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and password. If you wish to update or delete any other personal information we have, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Note that while changes you make will be updated in user databases within a reasonable period of time, to preserve the integrity of our databases, we may retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database.
Is my Personal Information secure?
Your DigiHaul account is password-protected for privacy and security so that only you and authorized DigiHaul staff have access to your account information. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone.
We utilize many physical and technical safeguards to create and improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Further, only certain authorized DigiHaul staff can access Personal Information, and then only if it is relevant to their job duties. DigiHaul also has staff dedicated to ensuring the security of its portal. However, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
DigiHaul will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information. However, we expressly disclaim any liability for any unauthorized access to, or use of, our secure servers and/or any and all personal and/or financial information stored therein, and you agree to hold DigiHaul harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. DigiHaul expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to this website.
Notification of Changes to this Policy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Policies, please send us a detailed message via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.